What is cellulose made of?
Cellulose or cellulose wadding is an “ecomaterial” which is very popular in green building because it is made from 85% recycled newspapers. The remaining 15% is composed of a flame retardant (fire retardant) additive: boric acid (borax) (…)
Does cellulose sag?
There is always a degree of compaction of the cellulose some time after installation.
Is polyurethane is water resistant?
Due to its closed-cell structure, polyurethane spray foam has a low water absorption rate.However, any application must consider the conditions to which the material will be exposed, the design of the assembly, the intended use (eg underground or (…)
Can polyurethane serve as a vapor barrier?
Polyurethane spray foam can act as a vapor barrier since it is a closed-cell material. The minimum thickness required for this function depends on the substrate on which the polyurethane is sprayed. Non-hygroscopic materials (e.g., concrete) allow (…)
Can rodents live in cellulose?
First, it is important to take a look at the composition of a cellulose insulation, which features numerous advantages in comparison to other insulating materials, especially for environmental reasons. Cellulose wadding is made from (…)